Friday, November 30, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Monday, November 26, 2012
I involved Peanut in the process, from selecting the perfect shade of brown...
Friday, November 23, 2012
Ingredients: 3 c. flour, 2 t. ginger, 1 t. cinnamon, 1 t. baking soda, 1/4 t. nutmeg, 1/4 t. salt, 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, 3/4 c. packed brown sugar, 1/2 c. molasses, 1 egg, 1/4 c. sugar,.
1 t. vanilla, 1 c. white chocolate chips (I used melting chocolate that comes in round pellets/various colors)
1. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a big bowl.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in a bowl with mixer on med. until light and fluffy (I never got it to be light and fluffy, I had to use a rubber spatula to finish combining it together, maybe my butter wasn't quite soft enough).
3. Add molasses, egg and vanilla to butter mix and beat well.
4. Slowly add in flour mixture on low until well mixed.
5. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. You should be able to make about 4 dozen cookies.
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Today I'm thankful for turkey, and my grandmother's dressing recipe. She left this earth far too long ago, and has been joined by some really incredible people through the years, but I love the link a recipe brings from what once was, and what still is....
I'm thankful for friends that surround me....the fun memories we've made this year, the funny text we exchange, and long phone calls, cards, hugs, pictures, yogurt and bagel dates....there isn't enough time on this side of eternity to get to make as many memories as I'd like with each person, but I'm grateful to know these sisters and brothers are part of my life into eternity.
I'm grateful for a church home, a pastor who speaks the truth, and the ability to learn and share my faith with others.
I'm grateful for a job...or four. The people I work with, the people I get to meet and the fact that I still love my job more days than I want to run far far away.
I'm thankful for puppies. A slice of happiness in each day that never fails.
I'm thankful for the long runs and the fact that my body allows me to complete and then complain about these little jaunts around Texas.
I'm thankful for my family-the fact that these family relationships have become friendships too and that even when given a choice-I'd still choose to be right here with these people on this day.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
#1. Wine Glass Candle Holders.
I bought 16 oz cups and cut off the top.
copy of the template you can download.
#2 Decorate your own candles....
#3 Decorate Tea Lights
Last up-(my filler in case they tell me to keep talking)....plus I saw this on google images and thought it was cute.....