Buttermilk Glaze: 1 c. sugar, 1/2 c. buttermilk ,1/2 c. butter, 1 T light corn syrup, 1 1/2 t. baking soda, 1 t. vanilla
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: 12 oz cream cheese (softened), 1/2 c butter (softened), 2 T brown sugar, 1 t. cinnamon, 1 1/2 t vanilla, 4 c. powdered sugar
1. Heat oven 350. Spray 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. For the cake-whisk together the flour, soda, cinnamon, salt. In a separate bowl mix the egg, buttermilk, veg oil, vanilla, sugar until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the carrots, coconut, pineapple, and pecans. Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes (until cake springs back when pressed).
3. Whle the cake is baking prepare the glaze. Add sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, and soda in a med saucepan over med heat. Stir vigourously (add the baking soda will make the mix foam, still will help keep it from rising too much). Stir for about 8 inuts. The glaze will begin to turn amber in color. When the mix is light amber, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside until ready to use.
4. When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon handle. Pour the glaze over the cake and spread evenly. Let it cook completely.
5. Mix the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until it is well combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.