This was a really easy recipe to throw together in the crockpot. It's not too sweet (which I find a lot of these chicken recipes end up being), and...it goes good with rice...and anything that makes friends with a carb is a friend of mine.
Monday, May 15, 2017
Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken
Ingredients: 4 chicken breast (about 2 lbs-boneless and skinless), 1 c. packed brown sugar, 2/3 c. vinegar, 1/4 c. lemon-lime soda, 3 T minced garlic, 2 T soy sauce, 1 t. fresh ground pepper, 1 T corn starch, 2 T water
1. Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray (or use a liner)
2. Place chicken (frozen or thawed) into crockpot.
3. Mix all the other ingredients (except the cornstarch and water) together and pour over the chicken.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (frozen chicken needs longer).
5. Remove chicken, it should be falling apart.
6. Place the sauce in a pan and add the water and corn starch to the pan. Heat, let it come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes (should start to thickin and turn into a glaze).
7. Remove from heat and let it sit for a few minutes. Pour over chicken and serve. I shredded mine over rice....because...carbs.
The original recipe came from six sister stuff.