New Year: Count Down Numbered Glasses

Monday, December 27, 2010
I don't know what my obsession is with wine glasses.  I don't drink wine.  Up until a few months ago, I owned a few champagne flutes, 0 wine glasses, and I didn't even own a wine opener.  All of the sudden I discovered chalkboard paint, and painted everything that stood still look enough to grab a layer, including a set of wine glasses, which I blogged about here.  Next,  I saw some like this (1-10) for a New Year's champagne toast on Martha....so cute!   These inspired this little craft.  I took some etching paint (which I'm still not entirely sure how to use), cut out some 2 inch numbers with my cricut. 
Taped them to the glasses, and painted with the etching paint. 
I'm going to jazz these up for a gift in the not-so-distant-future, but for now, I have number glasses, which is a fun twist on the "Which glass is mine?" game or a holiday like NYE.  This is not the last I'll be posting about these glasses.....there is a fun, and colorful forecast in their future, but I decided to share the beginning since it might be fun to throw these out in champagne flute style, or wine glasses this NYE.
Linking To:

8 comments

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

What a great idea....

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

cute!

Unknown said...

Great idea! It's so simple but is a great idea...and would help people remember which glass belonged to them!

Followed you over from Keeping it Simple!

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Adorable idea! Just hope everyone stays sober enough to remember their numbers....LOL!

Take care,
Lisa

Rachael said...

Love these for a party!!

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

how fun! you can also use glass paint which also gives great results

malia said...

hey girlie! fabulous idea. hope you have a really great new year's and even better 2011! malia

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

What a great idea! You have had so many wonderful ideas on your blog lately!!! How do you do it?

I have several wine glasses in my home and no one drinks wine too. ha ha. I've seen several desserts served in wine glasses that look so yummy. Maybe I'll clean off the many layers of dust and sever up something fancy for NYE =D

Thank you for linking up to Amaze Me Monday blog party.