Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Year: Appetizer Ideas Parmesan Bites

New Year's has always been about appetizers for me.  I rarely sit down and enjoy a big meal all at once, nope, I get in trouble nibbling on lots of little dishes, and this is the perfect time to indulge...or get in trouble, whatever your version of this story.  This is an appetizer recipe, Jennifer at work shared a few years ago, and I finally found an excuse to try it out!  She got this recipe from kraftfood, and I remember loving it when she brought it....anything that starts with bread, and cheese is right up my alley!
Ingredients: 
8 oz of cream cheese, softened, 1 c. grated paremsan cheese, divided, 2 (8 oz) cans of crescent rolls, 1 c. of chopped red pepper, 1/4 c. fresh parsley. 
*You can substitute the fresh peppers for drained, roasted red peppers, pepperonni etc
Instructions:
1.  Beat Cream cheese, and 3/4 c. of paremesan cheese. 
2.  Chop parsley and red pepper. 
3.  Roll out dough, break apart pairs of crescent traingles, and press seams to make a rectangle.  Place three T of cheese mix, and sprinkle with peppers and parsley. 
4.  Fold and press edges together, and then slice into 4 equal pieces.  Sprinkle with the last 1/4 of parmesan (I switched to the bottled kind at this point....I just like it better as a topping, but do whatever floats our cheese boat). 
Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.  32 servings total. 
For other appetizer ideas I love (and I should know), I created an appetizer label to click on below this post, they should pop up. 
Linking To:
Mother of Pearl

15 comments:

Amanda said...

I will definitely be making these for New Year's! Thank you for the wonderful, and easy, recipe! They look so yummy!

Jennifurla said...

I am such a nibbler! I like to sample everything and eat a smaller full diner - these look yummy

Lori said...

I'm making these for New Year's eve parties!

Tree said...

That's exactly what we do for New Year's Eve as well... lots of yummy finger foods! Will definitely have to try these next time.... maybe for our Superbowl Party! ;) Thanks for linking up for TT again!

Heather M.Williams said...

whoah this weblog is excellent i really like studying your posts. Keep up the great work! You already know, a lot of individuals are searching round for this information, you can aid them greatly.
Pinnacle 200 Pocket Baby Photo Album, Pink or Blue

juliana kostandini said...

What kind of dough did you use? Thanks

Christy Robbins said...

I used a can of crescent roll dough. :O)

Bea Ingram said...

You stated "cut these into 4 pieces" Then said it makes 32 pieces. Do you cut them into 32 before or after you bake them?

Lynn Gordon said...

What she means is: press two triangles together to form a rectangle. There are eight triangles I a can of crescents. Each set of two triangles -one rectangle-make four pieces. That's 16 pieces per can- 32 pieces for the entire recipe which calls for two cans.

All pieces are cut prior to baking.

Christy Rieger said...

These were great. They went over very well at a holiday party last night. When I put 3 tablespoons of filling in the early rectangles, though, I ran out of filling about 2/3 of the way through. Did Christy mean 3 teaspoons? I also suggest that you keep the dough cold for easier handling. If it gets warm and you press on it too much, the dough will not rise properly in the oven.

Amanda Lewis said...

Do you serve these with sauce or is it not necessary?

Christy Robbins said...

I've never used a sauce-but if I did maybe some ranch it marinara would go well?!?

Christina Gesse said...

Can these be prepped ahead of time and left in the fridge until ready to bake?

Christina Gesse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy Robbins said...

Christina, I've never tried. My fear would be that they would get soggy if you did that. But....I could be wrong on that! You could prep the filling ahead of time and then roll out the dough and build your appetizer when you need it-not sure that's quite the solution you were looking for!