Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Claypot Spring Wreath

I saw the adorable idea for this wreath here, she sited where she got this idea, etc etc, and the internet lived happily ever after. I'm slowly making/collecting a series of wreaths for each season, and despite the fact that there are several more holidays to come, it just seemed like a good time to post a spring wreaths in honor of the season of growth.  The empty pots pretty much represent my gardening skills.  I can buy cute pots like you wouldn't believe, it's everything after I don't do well/don't follow through with/don't want to discuss any further.  As for the process.  I grabbed a grapevine wreath at the Goodwill Store for 99 cents that was a medium size (I didn't want one too large or the pots might just get ridiculously heavy).  I also found a stack of 6 pots on sale at Hobby Lobby for half off (they do this quite frequently, so it ended up only costing a little over a dollar each set of six pots. 
I bought every mini pot they had in the store, and it ended up being the perfect number.  I could have added 12 more, but I think it turned out fine.  I looped a wire through each pot, and tied it to the wreath. 
It's pretty heavy, and I may add a raffia bow...or I might leave it as is, but I hope Spring notices and decides to stick around!

25 comments:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is cute! Sounds like you and I have matching not-so-green thumbs:)

SmileMonsters said...

Cute!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

Joy @ Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Very cute and creative! It is so unique and great for spring!

Peggy said...

Oh my, this is SO cute! I might just have to make one of these (I seem to have developed a recently affinity towards wreaths...lol)!

Terry said...

I love, love, love this. It's so simple and rustic. Nice job.

V said...

I have a wreath addiction and this one is sooo unique! I love the fact that it is also very weatherproof - it would look great on our fence.

radn said...

So unique. Its lovely!

I am having 2 giveaways on my blog.
$38 + free shipping an any backpack from busy little hands etsy store
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/38-store-credit-free-shipping-giveaway.html

$15 store credit from hair candy for girls.

All you have to do is leave a comment saying you want to win it.

Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand said...

This is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica

malia said...

stunning! what a great piece... and i love your new chalkboard too!

Lucy Designs said...

this is just adorable!

Flipfloppingmamma said...

LOVE IT!!! I am SO going to make this!!

Simply Bungalow said...

Love it. I so want to try. I'm thinking of mini peat moss pots to help with the weight issue. Yours is adorable!
~Heidi

Abby said...

I love wreaths that are different. This is so cute!

Jennifer said...

What a cute idea!!!! =) I love it!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Cozy Home Scenes said...

I've made wreaths with clay pots, but with other decorations on them. However, your wreath is so cute with just the pots. I could see it for spring or summer. It would look stunnin near a garden bench or potting bench if you have one.

Amanda said...

This is amazing, I just love it!

Katie's how to said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie's how to said...

I love this post and can't wait to see more! I too love to have a wreath for each season

katieshowto.blogspot.com

PartyMom said...

This would look so adorable sitting outside next to a pretty container garden! I absolutely love it! (p.s. - I also have a black thumb...there is currently a dead cactus on our desk reminding me of this...yes I killed a cactus!)

Rachel said...

HOW CLEVER! I love this unique wreath idea for spring, nothing says May Flowers more than mini terracotta pots!!!
Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac's blog party! Stop by and visit me @ cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com !!!

Carissa said...

This is adorable! What A fun idea. I think this would make a great adornment for the door of a gardening shed.

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

This is a SUPER fun idea! I never would've thought of a clay pot wreath!! Stopping by from CSI!

Ruth H. said...

What a great wreath! I love that it isn't all floral and froufrou.

Jennifer Rodriguez said...

love this! i know about 4 people that would love this as a gift - thanks for sharing!!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Christy - This is such a super cool idea - I love it! I really want one of these for the spring =) Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today.
Hope you are enjoying your week
~ Stephanie Lynn
www.bystephanielynn.com