My very favorite candy on planet earth is the Cadberry Creme Egg. The problem is, it only comes out once a year. I buy them, and freeze them so I can pull one out when emergencies pop up. Emergencies=Mondays, Tuesdays, Days with the letter 'a' somewhere in the name. You can only freeze so many Cadberry eggs....before people start noticing. I'd never let people stop me, but there are just so many Cadberry Eggs you can buy on credit before the company calls. I thought about moving to England, they sell these all year in bar form. I google searched having some shipped, but then...
So, I accidentally found a recipe for Cadberry Eggs on ehow. I thought, no way, but guess what-way. There were moments while chewing, I couldn't tell the difference. I'd say it's safe to say-my diet is in trouble-the the infinite power now.
Here's the recipe for...
Cadberry Creme Eggs
Ingredients: 1/2 c. light corn syrup, 1/4 c. softened butter, 1 teas. vanilla, 1/4 teas. salt, 3 cups powdered sugar, yellow food coloring, 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips, 2 Table. shorteningInstructions:
1. Use a mixer to mix together the first 5 ingredients.
2. Place 1/3 of the mix aside, and dye yellow for the egg yolk.
3. Place mixes in the refrigerator for 2 hours (until firm).
4. Pull out, and form yolk with yellow mix.
5. Mold while around the yellow yolks so no yellow shoes, create an egg shape.
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet, and put in the freezer for an hour or two.
7. Melt chocolate and shortening. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in the microwave.
8. Place eggs on a fork, and dip in chocolate. Rest on wax paper.
9. Refrigerate again until firm.
*These make about 12 eggs. My innards were always a little jellied, but they held together well enough to hold it's shape while being dipped in chocolate.