Printing on "'Regular" Fabric

Sunday, April 17, 2011
Did you know that you can print on 'regular' fabric?  Thanks to the WWW I discovered this little trick, and my life hasn't been the same since...well, in the relative world of dramatized writing on my blog, it hasn't been the same.  I just bought a piece of cheap fabric, and I soaked it in some tea to stain it and make it look vintage-ie.  I typed out this saying (Taylor owns a really cute subway art with these words, and I heart it so much).  I used some spray adhesive, and thick paper and pressed the fabric down to the cardstock. 
I loaded it in the printer.  It printed off great.  My red ink was a little low at this time, but I think it adds to the look I'm going for. 
The fabric peeled right off, and I found an old frame to staple it too and jazz it up.  It's a little rugged, but I like that.  I'm going to make some gift tags using this process for Christmas, but I had to share this fabulous process.....
Dear Internet Google Search,
Please, be my Valentine. 
Love,

Linking To:  Keeping It Simple Dittle Dattle Craft O Maniac CRAFT KISS Boogieboard Cottage The Girl Creative Tip Junkie Not So Homemade 10 Buck Tuesday Topsy Turvy Cherished Bliss Under $100

7 comments

tt.scraps said...

Did not know that!!! Coolio! :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love using this technique. It works so well. There is a solution you can buy that makes it permanent if you want to print on something you will wash. I haven't tried that yet, though.

Michelle L. said...

Great quote pillow - I love the graphic punch of it! Thanks for the tutorial!

amber @ barbwired said...

Thanks for sharing this! I must try this!! I love that saying too!! I used it at Valentine's for my hubs.

amber @ barbwired

Chameleon Girls said...

One of our favorite quotes.

cherished bliss said...

This is very exciting to me!! I have some ideas for my kids rooms and this would be great!

I hope you will share your project at my link party!

http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2011/04/craft-and-tell-tuesdays-1.html

Libby said...

I have to try this now! Thanks for sharing!