Bummed

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
I'm a little bummed, we found out today my principal is being moved over to another school to help with some achievement gaps (AKA, there are a lot of teachers there that have been there forever and don't want to change), and we are getting a new principal who is currently a Vice Principal. The principals being impacted didn't even know it was going to happen until yesterday, but the district made sure there was no going back, they already have letters out for the parents and principals etc etc etc etc etc, it's NUTS! I hate change, I had decided to give it one more year to try to avoid MORE change, but in the end I can accept it, that's part of life, the part that upsets me the most is how the head hanchos absolutely didn't listen to ONE person's opinion at all three schools that were affected. The principal leaving where Sandy is going, our school's staff, and the principal the VP is being moved over from. I hate not having a voice when we are just 'soooooo' important. We are planning on writing GRACIOUS, POSITIVE letters to the district, but I've seen where it has taken me in the past.....I don't fear next year as much as I'm frustrated over feeling ignored. It's a change none of the principals were for, and it just seems like there is another way, this has been something the district has done year after year, why not try fixing the schools that aren't working, as opposed to taking someone out of a school that IS working and moving them over....it seems like time after time, the school they go to improves, and where they leaves declines....there has to be a better, mentoring, positive approach! Hopefully we won't decline....we have almost achieved the goals we had set, and have been the 'model' school for those around with lower income families......blah.....

1 comment

Msheepers said...

I'm sorry to hear that.