Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions Idea: Gratitude Rolls

I saw this idea for Thankgiving, Gratitude Rolls here, and I thought it was so cute!  The author makes these every year using a homemade roll recipe, and her guest.  When the guest come over, they each write what they are Thankful For on a slip of paper, she (and the kids) rolls these comments up in a roll, bakes, and then each person receives a roll to open and read during the meal.  I like to serve a holiday meal as soon as guest arrive, so I'd probably make people email me in advance. 
I tested this out, and it was really simple.  I just used pre-made croissant doughs, and slipped a test strip inside. 
I decided to go with a tan color b/c the white really showed the grease, though....same deal here, it was evenly distributed at least! 
I rolled. 
Next, I baked as the instructions state. 
Linking To:

9 comments:

Kim @ Party Frosting! said...

really cute idea! p.s. thanks for being a Frosted follower!

hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!/Party Frosting!
party inspiration

Le Chateau des fleurs by Frenchy said...

This is a great idea! PERFECT FOR Valentine too ! This is a priceless idea !
XO

Delectable Flair said...

This is an adorable idea and I will definetely be doing it at my thanksgiving table! I am new to blogging, do you mind if I spotlight this blog post in a few weeks?

delectableflair.blogspot.com

Janet said...

This is something I never would have thought of. Fun idea!

Lolly Jane said...

found ya from soiree's party. too cute. lovin it. tfs!

Erin said...

Very cute. On this show I watch (which I'm not going to admit what it is) one of the character makes gratitude desserts. It's a hoot! They would be fun to do!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Krafty Kat said...

This is such a great idea & this may be the newest tradition in my house! Thanks so much for sharing! Would love for you to link this up tomorrow to my Holiday Hookup!

http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/

Delectable Flair said...

This is going to be my featured post tomorrow. I just love,love, LOVE this idea!

www.delectableflair.blogspot.com