Blue Planet

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Last night I went to the Myerson with a group of friends. For three days there was a conductor in town who had written the score for the TV mini-series Blue Planet. The orchestra played live as we watched the scenes on the large screen anchored behind the orchestra. It was truly beautiful, and I would recommend it if it's coming to a town near you. There were some breathtaking moments, and some that made me laugh. Anyone that knows me well knows that I have a fear of whales (stemming from too much Jonah and the Whale requested as a child, and recurring nightmares to this day)....I will say I'm pretty sure this series has cemented that fear. I'm boycotting Shamu for awhile. There were three songs that left me really sad. I know there's a circle in life (I saw the Lion King ;o)), but I don't like to see it. In the end-it served it's purpose-this is real nature, not Disney-but I always prefer the happy ending.

No comments