My Very First 29th Birthday

Friday, July 18, 2008

Today I celebrated a pretty big milestone....a girl's first 29th birthday! It was a good day. My Mom made me my 'traditional' birthday breakfast this morning (something we have done for every birthday in the Robbins' house). Holly joined us for an early show of Mama Mia. My Mama Mia took the day off, and we hung out this afternoon and did 'girl stuff' together. We picked up a cake from Stein's....previos post attest to the fact that-I love that place, and so this year....I wanted a cake from my favorite sweet shop. This evening the rest of the family joined up, and we headed to a restaurant in Historic Downtown Plano called Kelly's Eastside, and then back over to my house for cake, gifts, and a game of Mexican Train Dominoes (my current craze). The day was full of sweet surprises, and fun calls from friends and family. I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many thoughtful people. I still have a few fun outings with groups of friends planned, but this day was definitely a great start to the last year of my legitimate 20's!

4 comments

Charles and Heidi said...

Happy Birthday,Christy! What a fun and memorable birthday!
You are a blessing to all who know you!

Jo said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Just think how wise you are now.

Thomas Family said...

We hope that your day was phenomenal. I also hope that the gift arrived in time. Here's to you!! And to the first of a long line of 29th birthdays :)

Ella said...

Christy, happy belated birthday!! just catching up on your blog and realized i missed your very first 29th birthday. so glad to hear it was a fun day, and that cake looked delicious!