11 Months, 8 Days Early...Blythe's Dress

Thursday, May 28, 2009
Talented Heather D. makes these dresses and sells them on ETSY for a steal. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6370315 They are so cute. I had to try it out, but now that I've tried it, I had to take the picture from a distance since it is far from perfect, but it gets the job done for this occasion. My first attempt:

This is for Blthye's birthday dress (note, she was just born on May 5th, I'm a little early, but....this is me), so she will get it for Christmas, and I think that she probably still won't be computer savvy by then, so it's safe to post. I chose purple because it went with the cute polka dotted fabric that is the underneath fabric (which is what I LOVE about these dresses). Heather's mom, Jolene (who I work with) talked me through the process of creating the cupcake out of fabric, and the button hole. I attempted the satin stitch around the cupcake (eeck, I need to work on this). Lastly, I left it for SOMEONE ELSE to embroider with her name, and then velcroed on two yellow ribbons (a favorite family color), and the velcro ribbons is a clever Heather idea.

Wa la, a party dress for a girl with a family looking forward to all the wonderful celebrations, though I am first looking forward to enjoying the many months before that first big birthday.

4 comments

Msheepers said...

You are amazing!

You have such talent with crafts, cupcakes, scrapbooking, and party planning!

:)

Jodi said...

Super cute dress! It's ok to be an early planner! And the wedding flowers were beautiful! I especially love all the apples, and on the cake stand too - how unique!

Ella said...

oh my gracious, that is too cute! i am so impressed!! you and heather should partner in this business!!!

..and i think you should try a boy outfit next! :)

Christy said...

Thanks :O). I think I'll leave the selling to the professional! Heather's stitches are MUCH neater than mine. Sewing is not my forte, but I still like to mess around with fabrics b/c they are so pretty! I like to play around with all crafts...