Thursday, May 28, 2009

11 Months, 8 Days Early...Blythe's Dress

Talented Heather D. makes these dresses and sells them on ETSY for a steal. They are so cute. I had to try it out, but now that I've tried it, I had to take the picture from a distance since it is far from perfect, but it gets the job done for this occasion. My first attempt:

This is for Blthye's birthday dress (note, she was just born on May 5th, I'm a little early, but....this is me), so she will get it for Christmas, and I think that she probably still won't be computer savvy by then, so it's safe to post. I chose purple because it went with the cute polka dotted fabric that is the underneath fabric (which is what I LOVE about these dresses). Heather's mom, Jolene (who I work with) talked me through the process of creating the cupcake out of fabric, and the button hole. I attempted the satin stitch around the cupcake (eeck, I need to work on this). Lastly, I left it for SOMEONE ELSE to embroider with her name, and then velcroed on two yellow ribbons (a favorite family color), and the velcro ribbons is a clever Heather idea.

Wa la, a party dress for a girl with a family looking forward to all the wonderful celebrations, though I am first looking forward to enjoying the many months before that first big birthday.


Msheepers said...

You are amazing!

You have such talent with crafts, cupcakes, scrapbooking, and party planning!


Jodi said...

Super cute dress! It's ok to be an early planner! And the wedding flowers were beautiful! I especially love all the apples, and on the cake stand too - how unique!

Brian and Ella said...

oh my gracious, that is too cute! i am so impressed!! you and heather should partner in this business!!!

..and i think you should try a boy outfit next! :)

Christy said...

Thanks :O). I think I'll leave the selling to the professional! Heather's stitches are MUCH neater than mine. Sewing is not my forte, but I still like to mess around with fabrics b/c they are so pretty! I like to play around with all crafts...