Pizza Project

Monday, May 18, 2009

I had a two part project. 1) Try a new recipe 2) Use something from my...uhhh...garden (?) in the recipe.
I saw the following recipe for pizza dough in Martha Stewart's magazine, here's a link:
http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/how-to-make-pizza-dough?autonomy_kw=pizza%20dough
It makes four pizzas, so I experimented with some different toppings.
Pizza One: Roma Tomatoes tossed in a T of Oil, Sea Salt, and Pepper, Basil (from my 'garden'), and Mozzarella Cheese.
Pizza Two: Pepperoni, Sauce, and Mozzarella Cheese
Pizza Three: The ingredients in number two, plus Onions, Tomatoes, and Olives.
Pizza Four: Butter, Sugar, and Cinnamon
The pizzas were good, and very 'fresh.' The recipe calls for you to turn the oven on broil, but I just kept it at 500 degrees for about ten minutes per pizza. I had difficult transferring the dough to the stone, but I didn't have one of those pizza paddles, that's next on the shopping, wish list. I think this would be fun to do with friends, let everyone create their own pizza. Bake, and share.

3 comments

Msheepers said...

Those sound really good!

Thomas Family said...

Everytime I log on this blog I leave hungry

Christy said...

I do a lot of thinking about food, so it's 'feeding' over into my blog these days....and I'm on a 'new recipe' kick!