Salsa

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I went and bought some herbs to plant the other day, because I was so excited about the Basil (it doesn't take a lot), one of the new additions to my house is a Cilantro Plant. I also had an onion left over from another dish, so I decided to try some homemade salsa. I used the following recipe, feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions for jazzing it up because it was pretty basic. It was really fresh, but I'd call it more a Pico de Gallo. You just put all the ingrediants together, and then let it chill for an hour. I might use a milder pepper, or make sure I removed all the seeds next time I put together salsa with peppers. Plus, I guess the juice from the peppers went up inside my cuticles as I was cutting and the ends of my finger were inflamed, and they stung for several hours so badly I had to soak them in water....weird (I'm more of a wuss than I ever realized).
3 Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 C. finely, diced Onion
5 Serrano Chiles, finely chopped
1/2 C. chopped, fresh Cilantro
1 t. Salt
2 T Lime Juice

No comments