One 'Dream' Down

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am NOT one of those people who can add something to a list that I've already done, just so I can cross it off. BUT, that doesn't mean that I can't put little things on 'the list' that are easier to do, and I can check off without a lot of effort. Jimmy's Food Store has been on that list (there are some pretty weird things on the list). I didn't really know what Jimmy's was about until a few years back. We just have always passed on the way to the Fair Grounds downtown. I guess the name was interesting b/c it's my cousin's name....and that's always attention grabbing when you are little. So....I've discovered it's a pretty famous Italian food store with authentic italian 'stuff,' including fresh pastas from New York, all sorts of italian meats, breads, pastas, wines etc. It's been written up several times in D Magazine (Dallas Magazine, for anyone outside of Dallas). AND it has a little place at the meat counter where you can order sandwiches. Holly agreed to come along. We've been going to the Dallas Summer Musical Series every other Tuesday, and we've been trying out a few new places downtown on the way. It was pretty good for a simple Dallas dream on the 'to do.' It took about ten minutes for them to make our sandwiches, and then they have some little tables at the front of the store where you can sit and eat your findings. It was worth the stop. I got the cuban-next time I'm going to cut the spice, it was too much for me-and I like spice. Holly got the chicken sub, doesn't it look good? (I love that she knew she wasn't allowed to bite into until I got a picture.)

Then we split an Italian Cream Cake (it was mini, I promise).

No comments