Caramel Sauce

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If you knew about this, and didn't tell me....I'm mad at you! ;o) Someone brought this caramel sauce with apples to a Christmas party I attended this year. I love caramel everything. When I found out how easy this was, I had to make my own. I put it out at Christmas, and I have plans for a banana pie someone told me about...soon. Anyway, back to making caramel. All it is a can of sweet and condenced milk (so make this BEFORE New Year's diets begin). You leave it closed in the can, put it in a pot of water, and boil it for 3 hours. As the water boils down, you'll need to add more water so the can stays completely submerged. After three hours, take it out of the water, and put it in the fridge for 24 hours until you are ready to serve. It was sooooo good with sliced apples. The lady who brought this mixed in chopped nuts.

1 comment

Jo said...

See, the thing is, that can't help me in my quest for a higher and lighter butt, and less movement in my thighs. I could have gone my whole life not knowing this. Now, I'll have to try it, I will love it, and I will have yet another temptation Ruben will have to help me fight. Thanks.