My Life-The Musical

Saturday, February 20, 2010
Sunday kicks off my season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musicals. This year my cousin, Mom, Aunt, and I all bought tickets. We start the season with Phantom. This reminded me that once upon a time, I caught an episode of Ally McBeal in which she looked for her life's 'theme song.' I don't remember all the ins and outs, but throughout the episode she tried out various songs in her life situations. Since that episode (yeeeears ago), I've put my life to music. It's true, really-there are constant theme songs playing in my head. They aren't even songs I'd choose if I were making a list of favorite songs, but they chose me. Here are just a FEW....I have a song for just about every friend, and a plethora of life events that pop up. Please...send...help.
1. I'll be at work...perhaps having encountered an obstacle or two...or three, and I'll start singing (outloud, or inside my head-it all depends on the distance of the obstacle)....
I'm Still Standing-Elton John

2. Sometimes, when I'm feeling a little lost in the world....I have to sing this next song...it really-involves just about every situation b/c I have this passion for wanting everyone to like me. I think the "You're gonna love me..." part is where I get stuck. I need everyone to like me (even if the feeling is not mutual)..and I need to know why you don't...if you don't....and then I need to know your favorite cookies, your home address, and if you prefer me to pay you in cash, or cashier's check in order for me to make you like me. I'm working on this, but I still will probably always sing...
And I'm Telling You-Jennifer Hudson

3. This next song just makes me happy...no matter how unhappy I'm feeling. I can't even say I LOVE this song, but it always reminds me to be happy.
Dancing Queen-ABBA

4. I don't know why this is my 'driving' song....but it is...I go a little nuts singing along...and driving...anywhere...
Footloose-Kenny Loggins

5. ...and before I know it I'm crossing the Oklahoma Border b/c I was too busy singing....which then brings on a bad rendition of the O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A....where the wind goes sweepin' down the plains...

3 comments

Msheepers said...

I struggle to understand the words to some of the songs I hear, so thanks for posting the karoke versions!

I sat there thinking - "Hmm... I didn't realize that's what they were singing."

:)


Now that you've made me curious - do you connect me to a song?

Christy said...

Ha, sometimes I STILL don't know if the words help 'understand' the song, but at least you know what they are saying.
I went walking around White Rock on Saturday, and about a million bikers passed me and they kept saying "to the left" and that song with that line from Beyonce kept going through my head. Then about mile 7 my hips started protesting, and Shakira's "...hips don't like" starting playing. Don't let yourself be sucked into this musical world, it's a rough place!

Christy said...

P.s. I can't think of a song I always think of you when I hear it....but I always think of you when I see S. Salad!