Broccoli Pasta Salad with Chicken

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Does anyone actually take the newspaper anymore? I'm convinced I may be the last one. I love the paper. There is a section in the Dallas Morning News called Taste, and I've never tried a recipe I didn't like. Never. The following recipe ran in the February 24th edition. I cut it out, and I just tried it out. It was really easy to make, and very filling. I've tried similar recipes in the past, but this is probably my favorite slaw/chicken combo!
Ingredients:
1/2 lb bow-tie pasta, cooked and cooled
16 oz bag of shredded broccoli slaw
1 c. slivered almonds
1 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. low-fat plain yogurt (or sour cream, I didn't have the yogurt...ooops)
1/4 c. mayonnaise
3 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. cayenne
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 store-bought rotisserie chicken shredded (I bought a lemon pepper roasted chicken, because it's all they had, so good)
Instructions:
Combine pasta, broccoli slaw, slivered almonds and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, cayenne, salt and pepper. Combine the pasta with the shredded chicken, add the dressing and stir to combine. Chill, and enjoy.
*The instructions said it feeds 4, but I think you could SAFELY say it would make 6 healthy servings.

2 comments

Jennifer said...

Sounds yummy!!! Printing this out for my menu this week!

We only get the paper on Sundays and even then, I just go through the circulars digging for coupons. Hubby does read the paper though.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

oh this sounds good!! Thanks for stopping by my food blog and all the kind words.
I'm your newest follower!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans