Sunday, November 07, 2010
Black and White Cookies
Ingredients for Cookies: 1 c. unsalted butter, 1 3/4 c. sugar, 4 eggs, 1 c. ilk, 1/2 t. vanilla, 1 t. lemon extract, 2 1/4 c. flour, 3/4 t. salt, 1 t. baking powder, 2 1/2 c. cake flour
Instructions for Cookies:
1. Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs 1 at a time, milk, vanilla, lemon.
2. Combine flours, baking powder and salt and gradually add it to the cream mix.
3. Drop. 1/3 c. of batter onto a tray, and use a spoon to help form a circle that is 1' thick.
4. Bake at 11-14 min.
*I would suggest NOT cooking these on a darker cookie tray. A bakingn stone is best because you don't want the bottoms to brown too much. If the bottoms of your cookie brown, you can scrap off the darker color with a knife before icing.
Ingredients for White Icing:
3 c. powdered sugar, 2 T. light corn syrup, 1 T. butter, 1 1/2 t. vanilla, 1/3 c. boiling water.
Ingredients for Chocolate Icing:
All the ingredients for the white icing plus 5 oz of melted chocolate morsels.
Instructions for Icing:
1. Mix all the ingredients except for the water. Add water 1 T at a time, whisk together until smooth.
2. Ice cookies 1/2 at a time.
Let dry 20 minutes until dry before icing the second half. The icing will be firm after a few hours of air drying.
A few thousand honking taxi drivers, and a few more hundred skyscrapers, and I'm practically there!