Political Cookies

Monday, November 01, 2010
In a little over 24 hours, the news stations, and polls are going to be a hopping place (I hope)!  I've already voted.  I vote early in fear something will happen that doesn't allow me to vote on 'actual' election day.  I'm under the elusion that my vote will make or break any election, please do not disabuse me of this concept because it's very real to me.   I made these cookies for a friend (more on this tomorrow) who is a fan of politics.  She has a side she tends to lean, so one of these may be more fun to eat than the other.  It's always fun to eat screaming cookies. 
I found these politcal cookie cutters at a store down the street, but they also sell the elephant and donkey on Amazon. 
I added light karo syrup (about 1 T for every 2 c.), so the icing would harden. 
I let them air dry before packaging them up. 
Next time, I think I'll do more sprinkling....and maybe add a few political party friends to this dessert tray. 
I will also NOT be adding the white outline after, maybe first, but it just flaked off when attached to the top. 
Lastly, no project is complete unless I take time to thank the team. 
Quality Control ain't no joke. 

3 comments

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I love these, Christy! What a cute idea. You're really skilled with the icing!

Unknown said...

great job with decoration here

Unknown said...

Great idea but I am not sure if I could eat the opposing "cookie" lol