Cheese Soup

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My cousin's wife introduced this to our family one Christmas. It's a traditional soup her family enjoys every season. I'm glad my cousin married her because she's sweet, and fun, but this just increases that gladness. It is now part of our Christmas Eve tradition as well. I promise you won't regret trying this out! I file this in my recipe box under "Yum."
Ingredients
•6 cups Water
•4 cubes Chicken Bouillon
•2-½ cups Potatoes
•1 cup Celery
•1 cup Onion
•20 ounces, weight Frozen Vegetables (Carrots, Cauliflower, And Broccoli Mix)
•2 cans (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Chicken Soup
•1 pound Velveeta Cheese
Preparation Instructions
1. Boil water, bouillon cubes, diced potatoes, chopped celery, and chopped white onions for 20 minutes in a large pan.
2. Add frozen veggies and boil for 10 more minutes.
3. Add soup, and cubed cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
4. Serve with French bread or in sourdough bread bowls.
Linking To: 
Funky Junk Fun to Craft Sugar Bananas House of Hepworths

9 comments

Mika said...

Looks good!
Thanks for following! I'm following you back.
Mika (www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com)

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Thanks for stopping by A CREATIVE SPIRIT... Follwoing you back... Can't wait to get to know you.

Deb said...

looks yummy....

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

OK, I just saw a picture of cheese and bread, my two favorite things. But not just cheese AND bread... cheese IN bread. I am in heaven!

Holly said...

Looks AMAZING!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

That looks so yummy!
You are a Blog Design Winner runner-up! http://www.scrappy-gifts.com/2010/12/blog-design-giveaway-winners.html

Please go to the link to see what you won and e-mail me so I can get your more info. I thought I had your e-mail, but can't find it.

Charles and Heidi said...

Made this (and the cheese wafers!) for dinner last night and received rave reviews!! Karl said... "Mom, you CAN cook!!" Thanks to Christy's blog!!

ificould said...

This looks so delicious! Can't wait to make it! I posted a link: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/2011/01/potato-cheese-soup.html

Thanks for sharing!
Missy

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

I could sooo use a bowl of this right now! The bread looks so crusty and chewy and the soup looks so cheesy and delicious - the perfect combo. Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week!

Sarah