Salad: Potato Salad

Tuesday, January 11, 2011
There are two things that walk the line of salads, and...of course, they are my favorites.  I heart macaronni, but potato salad is probably my favorite.  I have a version I always make that has dill pickles, and it makes all the difference.  I've never tried out any other versions because I love mine so much, but then I saw this recipe for Loaded Potato Salad at Shamrocks and Shenanigans.  This is a great site for all things recipe, but I can personally vouch for this version.  Oh.  My.  You can get great detailed steps, and pictures by visiting the blog, but as a back up, I'm posted the ingredients, and a shortened version of the steps below.  :O) 
Ingredients: 
3 hard boiled eggs (chopped),  1/4 c. dill pickles (cubed...or diced, depending on how much you love 'em...I love 'em), 4-6 pieces of bacon (crumbled), 1/2 c red onions (diced), 8 potatoes (cubed), 1 c. mayo, 1/2 c. sour cream, 2 T. mustard, 2 T. dill pickle juice, 1 T dried dill, 1 c. cheddar cheese chunked, salt, pepper, papprika
Instructions: 
1.  Boiled cubed potatoes until fork tender.
2.  While potatoes are cooking, make sauce by mixing sour cream, mayo, mustard, pickle juice, and dill to a (very) large mixing bowl. 
3.  Add drained potatoes and toss until coated. 
4.  Add the rest of the ingredients, and toss.  (Salt and pepper to taste).
5.  Top with paprika.  Chill.

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for sharing...that looks AND sounds delish!! I'll have to give it a try. So glad you popped over for a visit!! You should really check out the Cattle Barn Flea Market in Ft. Worth...it's a lot of fun for shopping, and really is in the cattle barn in the stockyards. Have a super day!!

Semalee said...

This looks DELISH! I'm always up for a new Potato Salad recipe! Thanks!

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You are right, dill pickles make ALL the difference. I can't wait to try this recipe.

Anji* said...

That sounds awesome! The potato salad I usually make sounds positively dull in comparison! Must try :)

Katherine said...

I love potato salad & it has to be just right to be good. That loaded potato salad sounds deelish!