Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I understand there are about 7,564 versions of this dish....on my street alone, but this is the one 'my family' has been making since a 3rd cousin introduced it to my Grandmother more than 30 years ago. It's the most requested family dish amongst the family. My extended family is the pickiest set of eaters you'll ever meet....soooooo...this is a good thing.  It's also perfect for winter....or spring...or summer....or fall....or....or....
Ingredients: 1 cooked chicken, cut off bone (or 2 cans of chicken, drained), 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 diced small onion, 1 diced bell pepper, tortilla chips, 1 package Colby jack cheese, 8 oz of sour cream.
Instructions:
1. Mix together chicken, soup, onion, sour cream, and bell peppers.
2.Layer chips, chicken, cheese, chips, chicken cheese.
3.Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious and looks amazing!!! I'm adding this one to my recipe file!!! Mmmmm good!!!