Do-It-Yourself Canvas "Print"

Friday, March 11, 2011

This isn't exactly a week of art, but it's my third day of an art related post, I guess I got a little carried away.  I saw this idea....somewhere.  I like canvas prints, but they are really expensive, so I decided to try this out.  The tutorial I saw used boards, but I used a canvas I bought with a coupon at the craft store.  I printed off a picture of some ducks I took last fall at the state fair on the midway.
I mod podged the picture to the canvas, and then added another layer on top to seal it.
I might use a foam brush next time to eliminate brush strokes, but I still like the way it turned out, and I'm planning on making more of these for my living room using some of my favorite photos.  I think I'll paint the edge of the canvases black.  Basically, this isn't the last you'll hear about this.  Consider *yourself* warned!
Linking To: 
Under 100

9 comments

Karina Wetzel said...

Oh lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us :)! I love reading your blog btw!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Love this idea and can't wait to try it! I came from The Girl Creative and now a new follower. Would love for you to stop by.
www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Thanks Christy...you've got my wheels turning now....

Pjjunker said...

My sister just bought a photo canvas and they wrapped the edges of the photo around the edges.

Anji* said...

Love it! Those duckies are fun!

Holly said...

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is an adorable picture, Christy. Perfect for the bathroom. Really cute idea!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

What a fun print! and a clever idea. I think they make a product that you can manipulate and it will seal and look like the weaving of canvas.

DIY Party Mom said...

What a fun idea. I love that picture that you took with the ducks. I wish I could photgraph that well.

I did take a cool picture of chocolate chip cookies and would love to do this to decorate my kitchen. Thanks for sharing and getting the wheels turning.