Mardi Gras: Sandy's Jambalaya

Thursday, March 03, 2011
I wanted to try out a traditional jambalya...minus fish n' stuff.  I asked someone with a Louisiana accent, who once called Lousiana home.  It seemed like a good criteria for trusting a recipe, and she didn't let me down.  This was a really easy, tasty...and spicy jambalaya! 
Jambalya Recipe
Ingredients: 1 onion-chopoped, andouilla sausage, 2 chicken breast, chopped, 3 c. rice (uncooked), 4 1/2 c. chicken broth, brown gravy packet, Tony Chacerie's seasoning. 
Instructions:  In a greased dutch oven (all I had was a big pot) cook onions until browned (softened).  Add chopped andouilla sausage, and chicken.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink.  Drain if necessary.  Add rice, broth, a small sprinkling of the gravy packet, and a sprinkling of Tony's seasoning (I added about 1 T). 
Bring to a boil and cover.  Simmer for 20 minutes (until rice is ready).  Do  not stir or uncover while steaming. 

5 comments

Charity said...

You are killing me with this series on food, each one makes me gain a few pounds, haha. I does all look so good, thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Cha Cha

Erin said...

This looks absolutely fantastic! I LOVE jambalaya!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I bet this smells amazing while it's cooking. I can do without the fish n' stuff, too:)

Heather said...

I think I'll just let you make out my grocery list from now on, because I always want to make the recipes you post! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious!!! This is a brilliant recipe that I know I will be a real joy to eat. I am planning to make one for a lot of people. Thanks for sharing this. I'll definitely make this at home.

Haley
Food Safety Course