Oreo Cupcakes

Thursday, March 17, 2011
I made these cupcakes for a shower.  There are about 17,456,344 ways to make an Oreo cupcake....I tried two versions....easy. 
I used a chocolate boxed mix, and I poured in a little batter, added a whole cookie, then covered it with more batter and baked. 
Peek-A-Boo
I also used a white cake mix and I chopped up about 16 oreos (into 6 rough pieces). 
I left in the cream in the cupcakes when I chopped them, stirred, poured into cups, and baked. 
I used the same icing for both.  I googled cream cheese icing, and then added 6 T of crushed oreos to the icing recipe (without the cream). 
Heres the Cream Cheese Icing recipe I used...my source is 'the internet'...I don't even know anymore, except it was just some recipe site: 
8 oz cream cheese (softened), 1 stick of butter (softened), 1 T. vanilla, 4 c. powdered sugar, 2 T. heavy cream.  I had to double this, and it covered 26 cupcakes. 
I didn't add the oreo on top until about an hour or so before the party b/c they get soft fast.  The party post will be here tomorrow.


Linking To: 
Blue Cricket Somewhat Simple Gluesticks Fireflies and Jellybeans HOH Crafty Soiree Thrilling Thursday Paisley Passions 33 Shades of Green Moms Crazy Cooking Mangia Monday

13 comments

Kerri Carrie said...

Yummmm! I love anything cookies & cream...ice-cream..cakes...everything. This is just another thing to add to my list!!! :) :)

http://kerriandherblog.blogspot.com/

adrienzgirl said...

I am not a huge fan of the chocolate oreos, but my boys would love these. However, I think I might try making the peek a boo ones with a yellow butter cake and the golden cupcakes! YUM!

Megan said...

these look super yummy. I would love to try the one with the oreo in the middle.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Chelsea @ onehotcrafty-mama.blogspot.com said...

Yummy! Yummy! I want to go make some right now, thanks for sharing. onehotcrafty-mama.blogspot.com

Doreen said...

I hopped over from Thrilling Thursday linky party...Your oreo cupcakes look delish! My daughter LOVES Oreo cookies so much I have to find different hiding places all the time; and she's now 17 years old, and I still have to hide the bag or she will eat 'em all. I think I will bake her some of these Oreo cupcakes. Yum! I just posted a birthday party post with tropical cupcake photos. If you have a minute, I would love you to visit. http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

Show Me Mama said...

I personally love oreo cookies and I would totally love these oreo cupcakes as well. Great job! I am your new follower. You can visit me at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Have a great weekend
ShowMeMama

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

What a GREAT recipe! We are doing CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE and MORE CHOCOLATE at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party and we would love to have you link up this awesome recipe!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

We so appreciate you coming back and linking up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS “CHOCOLATE”, we are already enjoying over 125 recipes, so make sure to stop back by and see them all. It’s gonna be one SWEET week!

And don’t forget to come back next week (Monday) for “HIDDEN INGREDIENT”… “What can you hide in your recipes?”

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

Unknown said...

i love oreos baked into things! oreo brownies are my obsession, but these cupcakes make me think twice!

i would love for you to link this & any other recipe to mangia monday!

http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com/2011/03/mangia-mondays-3-easy-tie-dye-cupcakes.html

ArtfullyJune said...

These look delicious. What a fun party it must have been.

I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger award. You can check it out here: http://havestampswillcraft.blogspot.com/2011/04/me-versatile-blogger.html

Jilly said...

I am not a huge fan of the chocolate oreos, but my sister like to eat anytime. However, I think I might try making this soon with a yellow butter cake and the golden cupcakes.
doğumgünü hediyesi

New Party Daily said...

These look so good! I can't wait to try these!

New Party Daily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.