Homemade Chocolate Bunny

Sunday, April 24, 2011
 I saw this mold on Amazon while I was searching for another mold (I'll blog about later), and I decided it would be my Easter treat for my family this year.  Sure, you can buy bunnies for a dollar at the grocery store, but how much potential a do-it-yourself chocolate bunny has, and I'll be exploring more of those ideas next year! 
In the meantime, one bag of chocolate chips made 2+ bunnies.  I made mine solid chocolate.  I melted (45 seconds in the microwave, stir, and then 20 second intervals between stiring until it's smooth). 
 I filled both sides with chocolate. 
 I used a toothpick to press the chocolate down into the small crevices, like the nose, and paws, and then I pressed both sides together. 
 I shook it around, and tapped it to make sure the two sides became friends. 
I stuck it in the freezer for about thirty seconds, popped it out, shaved off the small pieces of chocolate on the edges with a butter knife.  Rinse.  Repeat.  And be-ribbon.

3 comments

Connie the crafterbug said...

oh yumminess!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

You are awesome, Christy. I totally would just buy chocolate bunnies at the store.

tt.scraps said...

YAY!!! :) How sweet of you!