Teacher Appreciation: ABC Collage

Friday, April 15, 2011
Last year, I saw a link to a free printable for the cutest flashcards on planet internet at Homemade By Jill.  Here is the link.  She has two flashcards with different pictures with every letter, and the clipart she used is the cutest collection...ever.  I decided to make a little something out of these for my classroom so I could look at them all the time.  It also enabled me to compact my alphabet wall, and free up some bulletin board space!
I grabbed black spraypaint for 99 cents at Walmart and sprayed a board I found at Home Depot for 50 cents in the scrap pile. 
I spaced out the cards, added ABC's, glued them down, and then covered them with a coating of mod podge to make the whole collage shine.  I added a hanger to the back, and then popped it up in my classroom.  This would be cute in a nursery as well, but I'm not quite there yet!  For less than 2 bucks, I added a little color to my classroom wall. 

2 comments

Deb said...

awesome...I might have to make one for little britches...

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I loved these cards when I saw them on Jill's blog, and I love what you've done with them.