Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Second Best Macoroni Salad

....just being honest. I wish I knew how to make the best macaroni salad, but I don't. I used to eat it at Steak and Ale, but then S and A went bankrupt, and they took their recipe with them....this one is close....reallllll close, and I'm a girl that knows her way around a plate of macaroni salad.

I got this recipe a few years back at a pot luck. Please notice, I'm not afraid to ask for someone's recipe. I've only been denied information one time, and I eventually wore them down. I just don't believe in 'secret' recipes. As soon as I push my soap box aside, I'll share my friend's not-so-secret recipe for the 2nd best macaroni salad.
2 c. (dry) of macaroni noodles,
4 stalks celery, diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 purple onion, diced
1/2 c. bacon crumbled bacon (I just throw in 3/4 a container of 'real' bacon bits from a jar)
1 T. vinegar
1 1/4 c. mayonaise (she actually calls for 1/4 c. mayo, 1 c. mayonaise, but you'd have to be REAL good to be able to tell the difference in just throwing in one or the other).
Salt and Pepper, to taste.
Cook, and drain noodles. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, season, and chill.


Lori said...

I thought mayo and mayonaise where the same thing, just a shorter version of the other? Are you talking about the sweetened version for mayo?

Christy said...

I don't know what the difference is, but I think there is...I'll have to research it :)

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Sounds like one we'd love, mmm...bacon!