Spiced Peach Muffins

Thursday, July 21, 2011
This is one of my the most successfully tasty recipes I've tried in awhile.  I'd give it multiple stars if I were that technologically savvy.  I'm not.  I'll give it verbal stars instead. 
Recently, I looked up "Peach Orchards" in north Texas.  I wanted to go pick my own peaches.  Not because I love peaches, mostly because it sounded like the kind of thing I'd want to do on a Saturday morning.  Backroads, new sites, new stops.  Minus the gas, and work, and life, I'd find something like this to do every Saturday morning. 
I didn't accomplish my goal of finding a pick your own place, but I did find Ham's out around Terrell, Texas. 
Their backyard is an orchard, and inside are all the fresh peaches. 
Peach products. 
and much....much more. 
I'm not farmer educated enough to tell you what kind of peaches these were, there are seasons, and new selections each week. 
But they were in-credible.  I think the slash helps, don't you? 
I had a ton to toss down before they went bad sans the chemicals the regular stores through on these ladies to keep them 'fresh' longer.  I think the quotation marks help, don't you? 
I found a recipe for spiced peach muffins via King Arthur Flour.  I'm a fan of the peach, and this recipe. 

Spiced Peach Muffins Recipe
*This makes 16 VERY big muffins. 
Ingredients:  4 1/2 c.flour, 1 t. salt, 4 1/2 t. baking powder, 2 c. brown sugar, 1/2 t. allspice, 1/2 t. nutmeg, 1 t. cinnamon, 2 eggs, 3/4 c. vegetable oil, 1 1/4 c. milk, 4 peaches, diced, leave the skin on, granulated sugar
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line muffin tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3.  Stir in eggs, vegetable oil and milk, fold in fruit.
4. Heap the batter into cups (these are ginormous). Sprinkle with granulated sugar, be generous.
5. Bake for 25 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean. 

Linking To:  Sugar Bananas

No comments