Apple Crisp Pie

Friday, October 14, 2011
 This past weekend I headed to TN to see one of  my best friends, and celebrate the upcoming birth of her little girl. I'm posting all about the shower next week, I need a little time to recover from an incredibly busy last few weeks, but I thought I'd share one of the non-shower, just because, recipes we pulled together.  Her parents brought down some fresh Jonathan apples, and we wouldn't be us if we didn't immediately see an opportunity to add sugar, more sugar, and ice cream to the healthy offerings. 
Apple Crisp Pie Recipe
Ingredients:  9 in pie shell, 6 c. thinly sliced and peeled apples, 1 T. lemon juice, 3/4 c. sugar, 2 T. flour, 1/2 t. ground cinnamon, 1/8 t. ground nutmeg, 1/2 c. flour, 1/2 c. packed brown sugar, 3 T. butter. 
Instructions:  Preheat oven 375.  Place apples in a bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice. 
In a separate bowl mix white sugar, 2 T. flour, cin, nutmeg.  Sprinkle over apples, add mix to crush. 
In a separate bowl mix 1/2 c. flour, brown sugar, cut in butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle over apple filling.  Cover the top loosely with foil.  Place on a baking sheet. 
Bake for 25 minutes covered.  Uncover and bake another 25-30 min until crust is golden.  Cool on wire rack.  Ice cream makes everything better. 

4 comments

Bunny Wilson said...

Apple "anything" is my husband's favorite, so I just put one in the oven. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

tt.scraps said...

Yum!!! Al loves, loves, loves apple pie! I posted his fave last week but I'm gonna have to try this too!

Christy said...

Bunny,
I'm curious to know how it went over with an apple lover? I've rarely met a pie I don't like, and this one was a hit with us. :O)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Ooo, I like the looks of this :)