Halloween: Skeleton: Chocolate Cookies

Tuesday, October 11, 2011
I saw the idea for this design at Family Fun, but I found the recipe at Taste of Home.  They really are delicious.  I used a canned icing and a ziplock bag to pipe on the design (as opposed to the powder sugar/water mix listed on the site). 
I used Wilton's gingerbread, and cat cookie cutter, and this made about 20 cookies. 

Ingredients for Chocolate Cookies:
1 c. butter, softened, 1 c. sugar, 1/2 c. packed brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 t. vanilla, 2 3/4 c. flour, 1/2 c. cocoa, 1 t. baking soda
Instructions:
Cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy.  Add egg, vanilla, and gradually add flour, cocoa, and soda. 
Refrigerate for 2 hours. 
Roll and cut on floured surface. 
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.

1 comment

S and family said...

I love this idea! I've been craving gingerbread cookies lately, so this gives me an excuse to make some two months before Christmas.