Saint Patrick's Day: Irish Soda Bread Cupcakes

Saturday, February 25, 2012
 I love Irish Soda Bread, I enjoyed this recipe last year.  I know it's a little early to be talking green and clovers, but.....early is the name of my game.  This year I decided to see if I could merge my love of bread and cupcakes and I found a great recipe on taste of home.  This was very tasty, a little less dense than the traditional bread.  The carraway seeds give it a different flavor, you could leave them out if you wanted (I might next time), but....I really did enjoy them. 
Here's the recipe if you want baby Irish Soda Breads this year.  Everythign is cute in mini. 
Irish Soda Bread Cupcake Recipe
Ingredients:  2 1/4 c. flour, 1/2 c. sugar, 2 t. baking powder, 1/3 t. baking soda, 1 t. carraway seeds, 1 egg, 1 c. buttermilk, 1/4 c. butter (melted), 1/4 c. canola oil, 3/4 c. dried raisins or currants, 1 T. sugar (for topping). 
 Instructions:  Combine flour1/2 c. sugar, powder, soda, and seeds.  In separate bowl combine egg, buttermilk, butter, and oil.  Combine both until just mixed.  Fold in raisins.  Divide in 12, sprayed, cupcake holes.  Sprinkle the tops evely with 1 T. sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  Serve hot.

3 comments

g.l.a.m.by.mirka said...

Sieht lecker aus...

looks very yummi

g.l.a.m.by.mirka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica and Daniel said...

YUM! There is a great irish pub by our house that has the best soda bread with the raisins in it...now I can make my own :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!