Tea Party: Cucumber Sandwiches

Thursday, March 15, 2012
 This is an easy one, but I thought I'd share.  We served three kinds of sandwiches.  Chicken Salad, Pimento, and Cucumber.  I've posted approximately 3,245 versions of pimento cheese.  It's a problem.  I also have a chicken salad recipe I love, though I let Sam's whip this one together, and Melissa put together those sandwiches together, but this was my first journey down cucumbers....and still, I just learned by listening, not doing.  My friend Sonia and her sister have perfected the cucumber sandwich....so....if you are hosting a party, here's the low down. 
You need thin white bread, an English Cucumber (one of those you buy that come in syran wrap at the grocery store), and mayonaise (or mayo....I still can't tell the difference, but I understand this can ruin friendship in the wrong/right company). 
Freeze the bread....even up to a few days ahead of time.  Pull it out when you are ready to make the sandwiches.  Spread a little mayo....naise on each side, cover with a layer of thinly sliced cucumbers.  Cut and enjoy.  Just let the bread come to room temp.  You can build these with it frozen, or put it in the fridge a few hours beforehand. 

1 comment

Deanna @ TheChangingHouse said...

I can't believe cucumber sandwiches are that easy!!!!