Reindeer: Hot Chocolate

Monday, December 03, 2012
Last year I made jars of hot chocolate mix for my friends using a recipe I posted last month.  I also made a few smaller packages for my friend's kiddos that I decorated to look like reindeer faces.  I attached an instruction tag, and bedazzled with google eyes, a bell nose, bow, and pipe cleaner antlers.  I used icing bags I use for cake decorating, you do have to be careful about which ones you buy b/c some of the bigger named bag 'sellers' now print their name all over the bag.  It just doesn't have the same impact when you add advertising to your reindeer. 

5 comments

Zoe said...

These are really cute and would love to make them. Where did you buy the bags? Hope you don't mind if I copy your idea.

Christy said...

Zoe, these are actually disposable icing bags you can get near cake decorating supplies at any craft store. They come in various sizes too (take your coupon). Wilton sells them, but they do write their name on the side of the bag sometime, so if there is another brand, you might grab that, otherwise, you can probably cover it up with decorations. :O)

Zoe said...

We only have hobby Lobby here in Paris, and they only have Wilton. Thanks for such a cute idea, maybe next year I will have time to look in the Metroplex for some plain ones.

Christy said...

What about a website like amazon? A baking supply might have one.

Unknown said...

What size bags did u use? I have been to 3 craft stores and only find 12" in boxes but I found a single 8" and that'd the size I prefer but I can't find it :-(