Matryoshka Russian Doll Pillow

Monday, April 01, 2013
 I've been creating a hodge podge of pillows for my house.  The more random, the better.  At one point everything was matchy match, but I decided that wasn't me.  So....I saw some Matryoshka Dolls pinned and I fell in love.  They were on little embroidery hoops, which would have been great assuming my neighbors will let me start hanging stuff in their house b/c my walls are maxed out, so.....how about a pillow?  I made this yo yo pillow a few months ago.   I found some other cute Matryoshka Doll and the template was for sale, but I just free handed my dolls.  Here is the Matryoshka outline I drew if you want it.  I printed it, then shrank it by 20 percent three times, and then didn't the drawings based on styles I liked. 
 I traced the dolls onto some white fabric I had, and then got to stitching. 
 I use scrap fabric for the back as well and sewed three and a half sides together with the right sides facing out, to cover the stitch I cut enough fabric 2 1/2 inches wide to go all the way around the pillow.  I sewed the two raw edges along the other raw edges. 
 I stuffed the pillow with I got to this point...
 Then I finished stitching.  I then took the folded part that was facing in towards the front of the pillow and...
 I folded it over all those raw edge to the back, and then stitched it to the back try to just catch the edge so you can see much of the thread. 
 Two down....since I'm a girl, that means I only have approximately 37 more to go....for my living room....

1 comment

Holly said...

My daughter LOVES those dolls. She got a set to paint for Easter. She would love the pillow. Have a great day!