Alexandra'sKitchen. Everyone seems to have in pinned, yet I'd heard no reviews, so....it was time. I halved the recipe, thus the large bread pan in the picture. It was really moist, less sweet than the traditional muffin, but refreshing. I love blueberries, and I'll take them in any form, create a cake-and it's all the best life has to offer, at least until lunch. It says it serves 6-8, but...come on, who shares cake?
½ c. butter (room temp), 3/4 c. sugar+ 2 T, 1 T sugar to sprinkle on top, 1 egg, 1 t. vanilla, 2 c. flour, 2 t. baking powder, 1 t. kosher salt, 2 c. fresh blueberries, ½ c, buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Cream butter and 3/4 c.+2 T sugar until fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.p
7. Grease 9-in sq. pan. Pour in mix. Sprinkle with remaining T. of sugar.
8. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.