Chicken Salad

Monday, October 28, 2013
I'm always pursuing a good chicken salad.  Usually, I start exploring recipes when I find myself in possession of some random ingredients I need to use up, like celery.  It's not like I'm gonna eat that stuff by itself....puh lease.  I discovered this recipe via Cooking Classy last summer, and it's DEFINITELY a keeper.
So if you don't want to eat celery raw....or need a great new chicken salad recipe.  Try this one!
Chicken Salad Recipe
printable recipe
Ingredients:  3 1/2 c. cooked, shredded chicken (2 lbs boneless), 1 c. celery (diced), 2/3 c. chopped pecans, 1/2 c. dried craisins, 2 T. Parmesan cheese.
Dressing:  2/3 c. mayo, 1/4 c. apple juice, 3 T. honey, 2 t. apple cider vinegar, 1 t. yellow mustard, 1 T. poppy seeds, 1/2 t. onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions:  Mix first 5 ingredients.  Mix dressing in a separate bowl.  Pour over chicken mix and toss.  Chill overnight before serving on bread or crackers.

No comments