Christmas in July: Hosting a Cookie Decorating Party

Monday, July 21, 2014
I know I know....it's July.  But...this is when I start planning Christmas...

...just kidding.  I really start planning 'next' Christmas on December 26th!  I just heart a good Christmas party.  I could wait to post this closer to the holidays, but....my blog is always really full around Christmas, and...this is when I started prepping for this party.  I blogged all about these little cookie boxes I put together with a lot of goodies for the gals who came.  Here is that posting.  
 Since these were full, I provided some shirt boxes to tote their cookies home, and some printables to go with some of the shapes I made (more on this later).
 I made a ton of cookies, and had each girl bring something different-icing, sprinkles, etc.
 I put everything in ziplock bags for piping, had plates and knives and we just let our creativity loose.
 It was fun to just hang out and chat...and consume cookies.
Each gal had their own style.
I've done cookie decorating/cookie exchanges different ways each year....this was another fun one.  Now....time to get ready for next year and secretly listen to a Christmas song or two.

1 comment

Linda said...

You are about Christmas as I am about FALL!!! I can hardly wait for September 1st!! We do start a bit of Christmas in July - a Santa painting! I hope to start mine soon but it MAY be the first Tuesday in August!