Panda Express Chow Mein

Monday, July 14, 2014
One of my guilty pleasures is the chow mein at Panda Express.  I can't explain it-but I love it.  I saw the recipe for a copy cat of this dish via EatCakeForDinner and I was skeptical....
Guess what?  It was de-li-cious, and it taste exactly like P.E.....and it was super easy to make.  With the vegetables thrown it-I'm even pretending it's healthy.
This is one of my favorite recipe finds in awhile...so...if you are looking for something that fits the bill...
Chow Mein
Ingredients:  1/4 c. soy sauce, 1 T. brown sugar, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1 t. ginger (grated-I just popped a little off a large cluster at the store-it was really cheap), black pepper (to taste), 2 T. vegetable oil, 2/3 c. celery (sliced), 1/2 medium onion (thinly sliced), 2 c. cabbage (shredded), 15 oz of chow mein noodles (they sell this fresh near the produce, but I found in near the asian foods, and just boiled it for 2 of the 3 minutes the package called for, drained it, and added it to the mix when it was called for to finish the cooking).
Instructions:  Combine the soy, b. sugar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper-set aside.  Boil the noodles as directed (I went a little under the required time so they wouldn't get too mushy).  Heat oil in a wok.  Add the celery, onion and saute until the onions are soft and translucent.  Add the cabbage and saute a couple more minutes until soft.  Add the noodles and soy mix.  Toss together.  Serve immediately.

No comments