Pink and Gold Fiesta Baby Shower

Friday, August 08, 2014
 This past May I helped host a shower for a friend who is a big fan of queso...and pink.  I decided to merge her two loves in a baby fiesta.  I've thrown plenty of fiestas in the past, but they've always been multi colored, and I wanted this one to be more 'girlie.'
 I love those the banners that hang around the markets and decided to go with this theme for the guest sign in by having people leave advice for the parents-to-be and then hang them up.  I just found a card I liked online and used some scalloped edge scissors to make them look more like the flags I love.
 We did a salsa bar.  Each host brought a portion of the meal.  We had queso, and then 6 different kinds of salsa (thanks to a co-worker's husband that loves to cook).  We put chips in cups just for a fun way to serve.  I also had little plans to place the dips, but....it did seem like a good size portion to serve these up in the cups.
 I made a ton of these tissue flowers.  I could wallpaper my room in tissue flowers-I'm a fan.
 For dessert, Sarah doesn't like chocolate....or cinnamon, so we went with cream cheese iced sugar cookies and fruit to 'make your own' pinata dessert pizza.
 Instead of the traditional pinata candy, I went to Party City and raided their pink candy selection and tossed it all over the tables.
 Each host was assigned an age, and we brought gifts.  I made an I shaped pinata which was a party decoration....turned gift when gifts were opened.
 For favors, I used a mustache mold and made pink mustaches.
 It was an easy shower to share duties on, and went a long way to serve a large group of co-workers.
Pink and gold fiesta will star in a second party very soon.  Stay tuned.  

No comments