Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
*makes 18 muffins
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Grease and flour, or line 18 muffin cups.
3. FILLING: Beat the cream cheese (leave it at room temp for at least an hour beforehand) until soft), add one egg, 1 t. vanilla, and 3 T brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Set Aside.
4. STREUSEL TOPPING: Mix 4 1/2 T flour, 5 T sugar, 3/4 t cinnamon, and pecans. Add 3 T butter (at room temp). Cut in the butter with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
5. MUFFIN BATTER: In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/2 c. flour, 2 c. sugar, 2 t. baking powder, 2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. salt.
6. Make a well in your flour mix and add egg, pumpkin, olive oil, and vanilla. Gradually mix together and then beat until smooth.
7. Fill muffin cups 1/2 way full. Add a T of cream cheese mix right in the middle of the batter.
9. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.