Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Tuesday, October 28, 2014
 I haven't met a pumpkin dessert I haven't liked....BUT...I also haven't met one I loved this much in a long...long time.  I found this recipe at food.com.   I regret that I shared these with other people....less for me.  BUT....I guess at least they enjoyed these too...and that's something.  So, if you like to share great recipes with friends, or...as I plan to do in the future, feel like eating 18 delicious muffins....might I recomment....the pumpkin cream cheese muffin?
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
*makes 18 muffins
Ingredients:  8 oz pkg cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 t. vanilla, 3 T brown sugar, 4 1/2 T flour, 5 T sugar, 3/4 t. cinnamon, 3 T butter, 3 T chopped pecans (toast them quickly on a cookie sheet at 350 for about 10 minutes), 2 1/2 c. flour, 2 c. sugar, 2 t. baking powder, 2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. salt, 2 eggs, 1 1/3 c canned pumpkin, 1/3 c. olive oil, 2 t. vanilla
Instructions: 
1.  Heat oven to 375.
2.  Grease and flour, or line 18 muffin cups.
3.  FILLING:  Beat the cream cheese (leave it at room temp for at least an hour beforehand) until soft), add one egg, 1 t. vanilla, and 3 T brown sugar.  Beat until smooth. Set Aside.
4.  STREUSEL TOPPING:  Mix 4 1/2 T flour, 5 T sugar, 3/4 t cinnamon, and pecans.  Add 3 T butter (at room temp).  Cut in the butter with a fork until crumbly.  Set aside.
5.  MUFFIN BATTER:  In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/2 c. flour, 2 c. sugar, 2 t. baking powder, 2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. salt.
6.  Make a well in your flour mix and add egg, pumpkin, olive oil, and vanilla.  Gradually mix together and then beat until smooth.
7.  Fill muffin cups 1/2 way full.  Add a T of cream cheese mix right in the middle of the batter.
 8.  Spring streusel topping on top.
9.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

No comments