Last Minute Christmas Dinner Ideas

Friday, December 19, 2014
 Last year, the Texas family was blessed with some little California visitors under the age of five.  I knew they'd enjoy a few extra details on the table to keep things merry.  For Christmas even I filled mini stockings I grabbed at Hobby Lobby with napkins, silverware, and Santa Chocolates.  It was a big enough crowd that I had to pull out the long tables formerly used for crafts, and the fancy plastic table clothes.
 I was exhausted by the time Christmas rolled around, so I bought some cupcakes from Gigi's.  THESE were a huge hit.
 Maybe someday I'll try my hand at piping this, but....for this year....I'm glad someone else did the work.  Worth.  Every.  Penny.  These also doubled as my breakfast on Christmas morning.
 And then I put together a little hot chocolate bar.  Instead of marshmallows, I snagged some reindeer peeps....and some of my favorite accessories-whipped cream, chocolate mints, and some Santa straws (from the dollar store) and these little deer cups (from Meri Meri).

No comments