Friday, January 08, 2016

Decorating with Drawers

 It turns out I'm obsessed with drawers.  I actually have more than these, are just a few around the home.  I took these photos in December,'ll see a few Christmas pieces.  I don't know why I love old drawers, maybe b/c they had a life before, they tell a story, but now....I repurpose them, and they are so much more interesting than a new crate or basket.  I have one that houses old recipe books.
 I keep this old drawer that used to hold nails etc at a home improvement store and put whatever seasonal plates/napkins go with the upcoming holiday.
 I have an old sewing drawer than holds some circus glasses I bought at an antique store once upon a time.
 This little red square draw is where I throw coasters and remotes in my living room.
 I bought some (more) old sewing drawers to hold some odds and ends around the house.  The bottoms were missing/or falling apart, but....they make the perfect little wall shelve and I love that they aren't from the same sewing table.  I bought them for five bucks.
 This old drawer has the same purpose in one of my bathrooms.  It's half useful, half decorative.
This old hardware drawer is where I stick 7000 lotions and some devotionals in my bedroom.
I've got some more I'm storing some crafting supplies in, but....I'll save those for another post.


Danny Lewis said...

Obama is hiding a dark secret that just came out and this effects you!