Hashbrown Casserole

Monday, February 27, 2017

There are some things we have for each holiday in my familly.  For Christmas and Easter our potatoes come in the form of a cold salad.  We've never been a mashed potato family....though....everyone likes mashed potatoes.  Huh....weird.  Every time we have a guest join us I always ask them what they have for dishes so they will feel a little more at home, and mashed potatoes are on the agenda.  All that to say-last Thanksgiving we didn't have any guest who didn't grow up at the table, so....I decided to experiment.  I found this copy cat recipe Cracker Barrell for hashbrown casserole and it was a really big hit.  One side note, I had the wrong kind of hashbrowns (I had the cubed instead of the shredded), but there were no complaints.  So....I'm adding this to my rotation.  I have also had this as a breakfast last year.  My pal Amber added some turkey bacon to hers and it was also delicious.
Copycat Hashbrown Casserole
Ingredients:  2 lbs frozen hash browns, 1/2 c. melted butter, 10 1/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup, 1 pint sour cream, 1/2 c. onion (peeled and diced), 2 c. cheddar cheese (grated), 1 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper
Instruction:  Mix all ingredients together.  Place in 9x13 inch pan.  Cook at 350 for 45 minutes.  I broiled mine on low for the last few minutes to brown the top.

1 comment

Linda said...

Sounds delicious and I am going to give it a try! I have a grandson who LOVES hash browns so I bet this will be a big hit! Thank you for the recipe!