Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls

Wednesday, May 24, 2017
 I recently decided to clean out and revamp my utility room.  My kitchen can only be compared to a ship's galley.  In other words, it's little.  Most of my excess kitchen gadgets get stored in the utility room.  Through the years it has been buried.  Through the cleaning I rediscovered my bread machine.
 I found this recipe via allrecipes for cinnamon rolls.
They were delicious, and so easy to put together when you toss them into the bread machine and hit 'dough.'  It did all the kneading and rising (it took 1 1/2 hours).  Once they are rolled, you cut them into 1 pieces and put them in a buttered pan (mine took a regular casserole 9x11 dish) PLUS a little round pan for the other 4 (16 total).  When they are in the pan they already touch.  You let them rise some more, bake, and ice.
If you don't have a bread machine you can activate the yeast first with the warm water and sugar the recipe calls for.  Knead by hand for 8 minutes.  Let rise until doubled in a warm spot and then proceed as directed.  These are definitely best fresh from the oven.  If you reheat them day two-stick in the microwave for 30 seconds or so.  You can also let them rise the second time, stick them in the fridge over night (covered) and then bake so they are fresh in the morning.  On to my next gadget....

No comments