Snowball Kiss Cookies

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

One of my favorite cookies is the peanut butter kiss cookies, so when I saw the recipe for these snowball cookies, I had to try it out.  It so easy, and the great thing is this recipe only takes a few ingredients, and makes just a few cookies.  You could double/triple the recipe if you wanted.  It's an interesting recipe to me b/c it doesn't use any eggs, so it would be easy to make this dairy free with a butter and chocolate substitute.   But....I didn't.  I could have, but....hello, it's not the new year yet and I lost all sense of reasons last January 3rd or 4th.
Snowball Kisses
*Makes 10 cookies.
Ingredients:  10 Hershey's Kisses, 1/4 c. salted butter (softened), 2 T powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla, 1/2 c. + 1 T flour, 1/2 c. powdered sugar.
Instructions:  
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Unwrap the kisses and set them aside.
3.  Mix the butter, 2 T powdered sugar, vanilla, and flour.  (It takes a lot of work, just keep going until they are completely blended.
4.  Pinch off about a tablespoon of batter, flatten it out like a pancakes and place a kiss inside.  Wrap the dough around the kiss and roll into a ball until you can't see the kiss.  Repeat 9 more times.
5.  Bake at 400 for 9 minutes.
6.  Let cookies cool, and then roll them in 1/2 cup powdered sugar until well coated.

No comments