DIY Croutons

Tuesday, July 05, 2022

I recently was unable to find my favorite croutons.  When I've looked up recipes in the past it seems like it takes a long time to bake a crouton, so I've never tried...until now.  I finally found a simple recipe and I've already made it twice.  I'm posting it here for future me b/c present me is digging these croutons!
Step 1-Melt 1 T spoon of butter with 1 1/2 T olive oil and 3 gloves of crushed garlic.  Heat it on low heat for about ten minutes just until the garlic is starting to soften and brown slightly.  You are just infushing the oil with the garlic flavor.  
Turn the heat off, and then lay some thinly sliced piece of baguette to the ban and coat one side.  There is enough oil for about 16 slices.  I sliced my bread about 1/3 inch thick.  
I then flipped the bread over so the second side was covered.  
I put my slices on a foil lined pan and backed them at 350 for about 15 minutes.  They go from looking uncooked to crispy really quickly, so start eyeing the bread at 15 minutes and check it frequently if it's not quite done.  
Serve with salad.  








No comments