If I were twenty years younger....

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
There is a little old lady that lives inside of me that tells me every fall to hire someone to rake my leaves....she has raked 18 bags of leaves thus far, but she still looks up (when her aching back allows) and seeing 7 full trees. It's been a strange, warm fall, so the colors aren't that impressive up above, it's either green, or dead on the ground. Unfortunately, there is also an accountant that lives inside of me that says I can't pay someone to do something I can do myself. I was just telling someone the other day that if I were 20 years younger I would have LOVED having so many leaves to play in, I can only imagine the piles I would have built, and the friends I would have buried under leaves, but now as I rake I'm very careful to avoid the leaf dwelling bugs and grasshoppers in each pile. Bugs didn't exist when I was busy playing childhood games.....but they are definitely a part of the fall season now. Regardless of it all, I do love the trees...and the leaves, it means it's fall-my favorite season.

1 comment

Thomas Family said...

I wish I even lived somewhere that I could see the leaves change.